Avoid that dreadful visit to the dentist by taking good care of your pearly whites. You don’t need to resort to store-bought products. A few simple tweaks to your eating and drinking habits can go a long way towards improving the health of your mouth and teeth.
- Drink lots of water to insure optimal saliva production and keep your teeth and mouth clean.
- Eat five small portions of crunchy fruits and vegetables every day. These help to clean your teeth as well. Carrot, in particular, is known as nature’s little toothbrush, because it helps dislodge the food stuck in your teeth.
- Dairy products are rich in tooth-building calcium, and they also balance the pH in the mouth. If you are lactose-intolerant, you can opt for calcium-rich food like fish and leafy green vegetables.
- Fruits like grapefruit, oranges and lemons are rich in vitamin C and help to strengthen teeth.
- Avoid food with high sugar content. This includes store-bought bread and pasta, and all types of candy.