Rhubarb may be a healthy fruit with benefits for the skin, the heart, the bones, and the digestive system. But its leaves are extremely toxic.

Consuming the leaves of the fruit can be poisonous because they contain fatal amounts of oxalic acid, which is also a chemical compound found in bleach and metal cleaners.  This can severely damage your kidneys. It could also cause burning of the mouth and throat, diarrhea, kidney stones and several other unfavorable symptoms. Nevertheless, you can pull out the leaves and use the stalks to make some delicious rhubarb pies.

Read More:
Did You Know? The Famous Popsicle Was Created By Accident
Did You Know? They Have Square Watermelons In Japan
Did You Know? Tamari Is Healthier Than Soy Sauce