You’re more likely to experience hunger pangs in the afternoon, around 3 to 4 pm. If you must give in to this craving, don’t just reach out for a box of fatty chips or cracker. We tell you why popcorn may just be the super snack you were looking for:
1. Loaded With Fiber: Popcorn is a whole grain that contains tons of fiber that will keep you satiated for long. A single ounce of popcorn will provide you with more than four grams of fiber.
2. Low In Calories: As long as it’s not drizzled with butter, popcorn is one of the lightest snacks around. A single cup accounts for only 108 calories.
3. Provides Healthy Carb: Most people stay clear from carbs, but that’s because they don’t understand that your body needs carbs to fuel itself. Popcorn provides you with essential carbs.
4. You Won’t Get Bored Of It: There are numerous ways to flavor popcorn and it tastes amazing, whether you have it plain, spiced, or sweetened. This way you can enjoy a unique flavor every afternoon.
5. Its Inexpensive: Popcorn is one of the least expensive snacks you can have. Just buy some kernels and air-pop them at home.