This summer, be sure to load up on water so that you stay hydrated in the hot days. But don’t worry about guzzling down tons of it every hour or so. There are many other alternate ways to keep yourself hydrated. Eating foods high in water content will do the trick.
These hydrating foods will not only quench your thirst, but will also provide essential nutrients.
1. Cucumber: One of the most hydrating foods out there, cucumber contains 96 percent water. It also contains vitamin A, C and K and a bunch of minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and calcium. Munch on plain cucumber, or enjoy it with this watermelon-cucumber salad. Better still, make a chilled soup out of it.
2. Celery: A dieter’s delight, celery makes for a great low-cal snack, as it is 95 percent water. It also contains ample fiber, which can keep you feeling full for a long time. When you’re hungry, chew on some celery sticks with a low-calorie dip, or try this creamy soup or mash recipe.
3. Watermelon: This is probably the first food that comes to mind when you’re looking for a cool hydrating snack. And quite rightly so, as this fruit contains 92 percent water. It has a bunch of health benefits too, that make it a great weight loss snack.
4. Yogurt: A cup of Greek or plain yogurt makes for a cool mid-afternoon snack to hydrate you. This fermented food contains 85 percent water and nutrients like vitamin B2, B12, calcium, potassium and magnesium. If you want to get a little fancier with yogurt, add some healthy ingredients to make a yogurt parfait or some fro yo.
5. Green Veggies: You probably have heard enough about green veggies like spinach, broccoli, and lettuce being healthy, but did you know that they have high water content too? Most of them contain almost 90 percent water. So make sure you eat your greens this summer, and here are some recipes to make sure you enjoy them too.
Head to our Food section for healthy recipes and the latest food trends.
Find quick and easy Nutrition tips here.
5 Spring-Ready Salads To Freshen You Up
5 Fruits & Veggies You Must Buy Organic
5 Exotic Superfoods To Boost Immunity