Keeping yourself well-hydrated is an absolute must in the hot summer days. Although the amount of water a person needs varies, one should consume eight to 10 glasses a day. The ideal amount comes to 3.7 liters for men, and 2.7 liters for women on a daily basis. Remember, you don’t just drink to quench a parched throat, but to avoid dehydration and disease.
Given your hectic schedule, however, you might forget to drink enough water, or find it too bland to chug down. Here are some cool tips to up your consumption, effortlessly.
1. Drink Water In The Morning: Begin your day with a glass of warm water. Drinking water as soon as you wake up replenishes the fluid in your body since you spent the last 6-8 hours sleeping, without sipping on any. You could add some honey and lemon to it too, as this concoction is known to have weight loss benefits.
2. Sip Before Meals: A study published in the Journal of Obesity said that people who drank two glassed of water before a meal ate less through the day, and also lost more weight than people who didn’t. Even if you don’t want to guzzle down two glasses, make it a habit to sip on water before a meal, so that you can stay hydrated and lose a few pounds in the bargain.
3. Eat Your Water: Plain ol’ water is not the only way to keep yourself hydrated. There are plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables with up to 95 percent water. Add them to your diet so that you can naturally increase your water intake.
4. Infuse It With Flavor: If you find water too bland, make it a little more interesting by infusing it with flavors of fresh fruits or herbs: mint, lime, berries, be creative. Doing so not only improves the taste, but also packs in extra health benefits. Try these flavor-infused water concoctions.
5. Use An App To Remind You: If we can rely on an app for fitness tips and counting calories, surely we can benefit from apps that will remind us to drink more water. Try apps such as Water Your Body, Carbodroid, and Waterlogged, which help you monitor your intake and also alert you when you need to drink more.