Anyone who’s ever suffered from migraines would agree that it’s more than just a bad headache. A migraine is an extremely debilitating condition, which includes a severe, recurring, intense, throbbing pain on one side of the head.
Attacks can last for four to 72 hours and may be accompanied with other symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness and extreme sensitivity to sound and tingling or numbness in the extremities or face .
According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraine affects 36 million men, women and children in the United States. A migraine can be a family problem. If one parent suffers from migraine, the child increases his risk of suffering from the condition by 40 percent. If both parents suffer, the chance rises to 90 percent .
While there are strong drugs available to alleviate the pain, they come with their own share of side-effects, which cause more harm than good. Alternative therapies, on the other hand, can offer relief from the distressing symptoms without any side-effects and can also heal the body from within. One such therapy is gem therapy.
Treating Migraines With Gem Therapy
Planetary gem therapy and astrology can offer a wide range of solutions to those suffering from difficult-to-manage conditions such as migraines.
Astrological analysis says that migraines often point to an afflicted Sun, which naturally represents the head. However, there are different planets that rule differing parts of our body such as the following.
- Mercury, which rules the nervous system, can correct issues that stem in the brain and can help you deal with abrupt bouts of migraine and nausea.
- Moon, which rules fluid balance and brain chemistry, can also be a deciding factor, as neurotransmitters, which play a crucial role in the migraine story, are nothing but chemical messengers of the brain. So is the role of the hormones that are secreted by the endocrine system. No wonder a majority of women report episodes of migraines during their menstrual cycle, during which there is a drop in the estrogen levels.
- Rahu or the North node of the Moon is also a planet indicative of psychic disturbances and may hold clues to the problem.
- Saturn, which rules over veins and can result in a sluggish metabolism, can also be useful in finding a cure for migraines.
The gemstones that offer relief from recurring migraines can be the gemstones of the Moon—natural, organic pearl or a natural blue moonstone. The gemstone of Mercury natural emerald or natural peridot can also be effective. However, you need to consult an expert gemologist to find the stone that’s best for you. Natural planetary gemstones in the highest quality and the most preferred color shade can only be picked up by expert guidance.
Abhijita Kulshrestha is the director and senior astro-gemologist at Gemstone Universe.
Advisory: Natural gemstones are best worn after getting a proper recommendation from an expert. Planetary gem therapy is a preventive or can be used as a complimentary measure to medical treatment. It is in no way a substitute for medical treatment and care.
1. & 2. http://www.migraineresearchfoundation.org/