When the skin suddenly turns red and itchy it could be the sign of a skin allergy. Though some medicines exist to immediately alleviate the redness and itching, there are some easy home remedies that can take care of skin allergies.
If you experience these symptoms try the following remedies and tips that the dermatologist suggests.
- Coconut oil: Applying coconut oil daily on the affected area has a very soothing effect. Using it a few times in a day reduces the allergy to a great extent.
- Loose clothes: Wearing tight fitting clothes aggravate the allergy and cause irritation. Thus, it is advisable to wear loose clothes or clothes that are comfortable as much as possible.
- Lime and sandalwood paste: Applying a paste of lime juice and sandalwood paste helps in reducing the symptoms of allergy. Rinsing the affected area with fresh cold water also helps.
- Healthy diet: To reduce the effects of allergy, one should take diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables and also have 8-10 glasses of water every day.
- Turmeric: Cleaning the affected area with water mixed with turmeric is one of the best ways to counter skin allergies in a natural way.
- Ice pack: Making an ice pack with a few ice cubes and keeping it over the affected area gives a cooling effect and helps in bringing down the irritation.