- vegetable glycerin
- 1 ounce elder flowers
- 1 ounce elderberries
(or 25 elder flower heads instead of elder flowers and berries)
- 1/2 ounce German chamomile flowers and leaves
- 1 ounce angelica root
- 1/2 ounce lemon balm leaves
- Combine glycerin and water in a 3:2 mixture, bring to a boil. Let cool.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large jar, add water mixture to cover. Shake well.
- Set jar in a pot of simmering water, simmer for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Strain. Store in a dark-glass bottle.
1 dropper or 1/4 teaspoon, diluted in water, every 3 to 15 minutes, up to 1 ounce in 4 hours. For a nursing child under 6 months, give 1 teaspoon to mother, up to 3 ounces per day for 3 days.