- 1 ounce American ginseng root
- 2 ounces ashwagandha root (also called withania root)
- 2 ounces reishi mushrooms
- 2 ounces dried bacopa leaf
- 2 ounces dried ginko leaf
- 1 ounce dried rosemary, or 1 1/2 ounces fresh
- 1 ounce schizandra berries
- 2 ounces dried hawthorn leaf
- 2 ounces dried hawthorn berry
- 1/2 ounce sage
- 1 ounce periwinkle
- 1 ounce ho shou wu
- Mix ginseng, ashwagandha and reishi; add 1 ounce of mixture per pint of water. Simmer, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Add 1 ounce of this mixture to the simmering brew, and let steep for 20 minutes. Strain.