Burning excessive fat and trying to achieve a leaner, muscular body is a struggle that many people experience in their lifetime. The journey can be difficult but small lifestyle changes, regular exercise, healthy food habits, and encouragement from friends and family can make it more pleasant.
Simple Hacks to Promote Fat Burn
While fat-burning can insist on some dedication and hard work, there are also a handful of simple hacks you can use to help you on your journey.
Don’t Skip Breakfast
Mornings can be hectic, but it should not be an excuse to skip breakfast. Experts say that breakfast is the most important meal because your body needs fuel after a long gap of 8-12 hours. It is best to incorporate complex carbohydrates, proteins, and fats for the best mornings.
Ditch the Unhealthy Snacks
Ditch the sugary drinks and potato chips and opt for healthier snacks like a handful of nuts or a serving of fruit.
Load Up on Healthy Foods
Clean out your pantry and only stock up on healthy snacks so that you will not be tempted by your favorite cookie hiding behind a bag of almonds. Also, salads and soups will fill you up while keeping the calories low.
- Watch Your Portions
Portion control is an important factor in weight loss, so concentrate on the food and not on the television or on a smartphone while you eat. This will help you realize how much of what food you are eating.
Avoid ‘White’ Foods
Refined foods containing white sugar and white flour are tempting but do not provide any beneficial nutrients. Opt for fruits to gratify your sweet tooth. They provide more nutrients, including fiber.
Proteins Are Your Friends
Proteins promote fullness, increase metabolism, and help retain muscle mass as you lose fat and weight.
Keep yourself hydrated with water. Water is said to be an efficient fat burner and it also helps in the production of new blood and muscle cells.
Keep a Food Log
A food log will help you keep track of what you eat and control your calorie intake. For instance, if you have a heavy snack before lunch, you will know to reduce your lunch intake.
Incorporate Physical Activity
Even 15 minutes of simple activity to start with can help you move closer to your goal. An easy way to increase physical activity is to avoid the elevator and take the stairway. You could also make it a practice to park your car as far away as possible from the store and get some walking done along with grocery shopping.
Key Foods for Boosting Fat Burn
Foods aren’t your enemy when it comes to burning fat and losing weight. Some foods are linked to improving the body’s ability to burn more fat while maintaining muscle mass. Here are a few foods you can incorporate into your daily diet:
- Chicken, turkey, and lean meats: rich in protein
- Nuts and nut butters: good source of healthy fats, protein, and fiber
- Eggs: Rich in protein and healthy fats
- Milk, yogurt, cheese: good source of calcium and protein
- Berries: rich in fiber and antioxidants
- Avocados: good source of monounsaturated fats, fiber, and potassium, in addition to reducing water retention and bloat, which are essential for fat loss
- Fatty fish like salmon and tuna: rich in protein and omega-3 fatty acids that support efficient fat-burning
- Green tea: promotes the body’s ability to burn fat
- Chili peppers: capsaicin, the main component in chilis may help increase metabolic activity
- Dark leafy greens like kale: a rich source of iron, which helps promote circulation of oxygen in the body
- Whole grains like oats, wheat, and brown rice: good source of fiber and complex carbohydrates that are required to fuel the body
- Beans and legumes: a rich source of soluble and insoluble fiber that can keep you full, help you build muscle, and burn fat
- Whey protein: helps with repairing, building, and retaining muscles, and revving up your metabolism
Don’t be hard on yourself for not seeing results immediately. Weight loss is a slow process, but incorporating a few or all these changes into your lifestyle can help you get to your goals slowly yet steadily.
- Ashtekar, A., & K11 Fitness Academy. (2017, September 23). HOME. Retrieved from https://goqii.com/blog/10-lifestyle-changes-for-fat-loss-and-healthy-living/
- Shaffer, A. (2018, May 25). How To Lose Weight With Just 15 Teeny Tiny Changes. Retrieved from https://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/a20505548/small-changes-that-take-off-big-pounds/
- 20 Effective Tips to Lose Belly Fat (Backed by Science). (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/20-tips-to-lose-belly-fat
- E. (2018, May 25). 40 Best Fat-Burning Foods. Retrieved from https://www.eatthis.com/best-fat-burning-foods/
- Munoz, K. (2017, October 12). 15 Ultimate Fat-Burning Foods. Retrieved from https://draxe.com/fat-burning-foods/