Weight loss is a journey, for sure, and you are not alone on the path. Many have trodden the path, some may have fallen off while others have found success. The key to achieving weight loss is to stay motivated and focused until the end.
Kickstarting Your Weight Loss
From the Keto diet to eating vegan, there are numerous diets out there, and regardless of which diet you choose, these tips will help you to kickstart your weight loss:
- Get serious about weight loss: For the best weight loss results, you need to stick to a strict routine and to be able to follow a routine, you need to be serious about weight loss. It takes the body some time to start responding to a new routine and slip-ups are not helpful. So get serious and stay focused.
- Eat breakfast: The body needs its fuel in the morning to get started, so whatever happens, do not skip breakfast. A balanced breakfast is required to wake up the metabolism and if you skip breakfast, metabolism remains lethargic, increasing the chance of you having larger meals throughout the day.
- Stay active: Try to incorporate at least 30 minutes of activity to your daily routine to complement the healthy diet and boost weight loss.
- Reduce your carbohydrate intake: Studies show that cutting carbs from your diet can help you lose two to three times more weight than when you reduce fats. This does not mean completely cutting out carbs; try to avoid processed foods made with refined flour and include whole grains and leafy and starchy vegetables for the right dose of complex carbs.
- Include more vegetables: To start off in the right direction, try replacing one meal a day with a salad or soup to reduce your calorie intake and incorporate more vegetables. This way, you still get to eat three main meals, while effectively boosting weight loss.
- Build a relationship with proteins: It is one of the most important nutrients, especially when trying to lose weight. Proteins can help rev up the body’s metabolism and get the body to burn more calories. They can also increase lean muscle mass and reduce fat mass, which is essential for weight loss. Eggs, whey protein, plant-based protein powders and lean meats are some of the best sources of protein.
- Say hello to good fats: Both mono and polyunsaturated fats are the healthy fats that our body needs. They can help with weight loss, when consumed in moderation, of course, so the next time you go grocery shopping look for walnuts, salmon, flaxseeds, avocados and coconut oil.
- Wave goodbye to sugar: When you eat sugary foods, the body tends to burn the sugars instead of fat for energy. When you avoid sugar, the body is forced to burn fat, thus leading to weight loss. For best results, avoid white sugar, sweetened drinks and cereals, desserts, and even granola bars that claim to be healthy.
- Stay hydrated: Since water has zero calories, it is the best form of hydration for the body. When you choose to replace a glass of fruit juice (which may be healthy) with water, you can easily reduce your calorie and sugar intake. Drinking water can also reduce your total intake of food because a glass of water before a meal can help you feel fuller faster.
There’s a plethora of information available on weight loss and diet, making it is easy to get overwhelmed. To keep it simple, stay focused, plan your meals ahead to avoid last-minute temptations, exercise regularly and tread steadily to successfully reach your desired weight.
Blog. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://kcallife.com/wellness-blog/a149/
Here’s how to start a diet (and make it last). (2017, January 03). Retrieved from https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/diet/the-most-effective-way-to-kickstart-a-diet/news-story/bfc394032b0cca64345ff52a687766f0
6 Easy But Effective Ways to Kick-Start Your Weight Loss. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.besthealthmag.ca/best-you/weight-loss/kick-start-weight-loss/view-all/