Zee Entertainment takes a giant pioneering step – Builds a technology platform to satisfy 5 senses of the viewers to offer immersive customer experience!
- Secures US Patent for a unique technology platform to satisfy all the 5 senses of the viewers.
- Aims at offering an immersive experience in entertainment, education, gaming, e-commerce and home environment control.
- Builds the technology platform at its Silicon Valley lab using 3D Audio, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Digital Scent, Hologram and Touch.
California, October 22, 2018: ZEE Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (“ZEE”), a global media and entertainment powerhouse, has taken a yet another pioneering giant leap by securing a United States (US) Patent on a technology platform developed in the Silicon Valley at its very own – ZEE Media Lab. This unique platform stems from the Vedic culture of offering an immersive experience to the viewers, satisfying all the 5 senses.
Built on robust and state of the art technologies like 3D Audio, Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), Digital Scent, Holograms and touch, this platform aims to transform the viewers’ home environment by providing exceptional immersive experience. Apart from offering a unique viewing experience in delivering extraordinary entertainment and information-based content, the platform will also enable the viewers to touch, feel, smell and experience products, with a seamless transaction (e-commerce) ecosystem.
Be it immersive entertainment content, or informative education-based solutions, or gaming, or e-commerce; this comprehensive technology platform is built to cater to every single need of the viewer.
- Immersive Entertainment – The platform is empowered with 3D Audio, AR, VR, Digital scent, holograms and touch, to transform the viewers’ living rooms into an immersive mode, be it a serene beach or an action-packed fight scene.
- Immersive Education – The platform is capable to not just educate the viewers about a given topic, say an internal combustion engine, but is also equipped to offer an immersive journey for the viewer right into the cylinders of the combustion engine, taking the learning experience to an altogether different level.
- Gaming – The platform will not just offer a 3D gaming experience but will also give the players a unique experience to feel the heat of an ongoing combat with the opponent, and even experience the smell of the battle field.
- Entertainment Commerce – The platform will enable the viewers to order any product which they witness being consumed or used by the lead protagonist on the screen, at the touch of a button. Viewers will be able to smell the perfume worn by their favorite actor / actress on screen and purchase the same within seconds. If the viewer owns a 3D printer, the platform is also capable of even printing the food which one watches on the screen!
- Home Environment Control – The platform will also be equipped to control the viewers’ home environment, right from the lights, security solutions, to heating, ventilation & air conditioning equipment, ensuring that the viewers’ immersive experience while consuming content is not interrupted at any stage.
Speaking on this revolutionary step, the pioneer of India’s private satellite television industry and ZEE’s Chairman, Subhash Chandra said, “At ZEE, we envisioned 4-5 years back, that the overall media landscape is poised to evolve at an extremely rapid pace, with content companies blending into technology companies. Hence, we started investing our time and energy in building a technology for the future, which enhances the content viewing experience by many folds. ZEE’s lab in the Silicon Valley was set up in 2016 to create this robust platform, and I’m very glad that the US Patent is secured. It is a concrete step in realizing our vision of transforming ourselves from a media & entertainment powerhouse to a technology Company, offering immersive experiences”.
Adding to this statement, Amit Goenka, CEO, Z5 Global said, “We are extremely excited to offer this unique immersive experience to our viewers. Under the guidance of our visionary Chairman, we are building this unique platform which is futuristic in nature. The US Patent is a major milestone achieved in this process giving us the required level of confidence and reassurance. This is just the beginning of an extraordinary journey of transforming the viewers content viewing experience”.
Mr. Chamli Tennakoon, Chief Digital Officer, ZEEL said, “This technology platform catering to all the 5 senses will create a revolution in next generation content and the way consumers consume content in future. ZEE Media Lab in the Silicon Valley is committed to create positive impact in consumer behavior and human-centered design. This is our first break through and there are more innovative, futuristic products yet to be revealed.” While the five senses have not yet been deployed on a commercial scale, with the grant of the US Patent, ZEE can now make the platform available to millions of users across the world. The commercially viable prototype will be ready in the next 12 months. This emboldens ZEE’s plan to target mainstream global viewers across US, Europe, Asia, China and Latin America.
ZEE Media Lab will continue to innovate in the Silicon Valley to work towards integrating technologies with a sheer focus on enhancing the overall viewer experience.
About the Patent:
Patent No. 10,101,804
Date of Patent: 16th October 2018
Applicant: Z5 Global
Application No: 15/629,621
Link to the Patent Document: https://tinyurl.com/ybsvlvan
Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (ZEEL) is a worldwide media brand offering entertainment content to diverse audiences. With a presence in over 173 countries and a reach of more than 1.3 billion people around the globe, ZEEL is among the largest global content companies across genres, languages, and platforms.
With its new brand ideology and purpose – “Extraordinary Together”, ZEEL aspires to provide a unified brand experience and to delight consumers across the world by creating extraordinary entertainment and experiences that inspire to transcend the ordinary and become extraordinary.
ZEEL is present across broadcasting, movies, music, digital, live entertainment and theatre businesses, both within India and overseas. ZEEL has more than 260,000 hours of television content and houses the world’s largest Hindi film library with rights to more than 4,800 movie titles across various languages. ZEEL has also produced several movies for theatrical release and is the fastest growing music label in India. It has a presence in the digital space with ZEE5 and has also ventured into live events. www.zeeentertainment.com
Official Social Media Platforms:
LinkedIn: Linkedin.com/Company/ZEE Corporate
Parag Darade / Chandni Mathur
Corporate Communications – Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL) Mobile: +91 9820085872 / +91 98924 41996
Email: Parag.email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org