- 4 beets
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups baby spinach, washed
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Add beets. Cover and cook until tender (35-40 minutes).
- Once beets are cool enough to handle, remove beet skin.
- Cut beets in half and cut each half into quarters.
- Toss beets, baby spinach and crumbled goat cheese in a salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Toss salad in dressing and let marinate 15-20 minutes before serving.