- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 (15-oz.) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28-oz.) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 8-12 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (15-oz.) can corn
- 2-3 tablespoon. chili powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups leafy green vegetables, chopped finely
- In a large soup pot on medium heat, saute the onions, carrots, and celery in 1/2 cup of the vegetable broth until onions are translucent.
Add the remaining ingredients, except for the leafy green vegetables, and stir together.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 40-50 minutes, stirring occasionally. When chili appears soft, mix in the leafy greens and turn the heat off. Serve warm.
Spicy Black Bean & Mango Salsa