- 1 cup cooked or canned and drained black beans
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned and drained red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds mixed with 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup ground oatmeal flakes
If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
In a food processor, add beans, cilantro, onion, oil, garlic, salt, chili powder, cumin and pepper, then puree until smooth. Add and chia mixture first, then do the same with the ground oatmeal flakes until the whole mixture is sticky and holds together.
Divide mixture into four patties, and pace patties on baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes on each side OR grease grill pan with extra virgin olive oil and cook about 6 minutes on each side.