- 2 butternut squash, seeded and quartered
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into thin crescents
- 1/2 head cabbage (purple or green), sliced thin
- 2-3 shiitake mushrooms, diced (stems removed)
- 2 links naturally smoked sausage (turkey, pork, pheasant, chicken, or tempeh)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F Seed and quarter the squash.
- Lightly oil a baking pan and place squash flesh side down. Bake 45 minutes or until soft.
- Sauté onion 1-2 minutes. Add cabbage, shitake mushrooms, sausage, thyme and water.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and cook for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Spoon sautéed vegetables into cooked squash and serve.