- 1 cup carrot/orange juice
- 1/4 cup small raisins or currants
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas (can use canned chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- Bring carrot/orange juice, raisins, cinnamon, sea salt and black pepper to a boil.
- Add couscous, turn off heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- In a mixing bowl combine cooked chickpeas, couscous, roasted almonds, and parsley.