Cucumbers act as a gentle diuretic and help strengthen your connective tissue, which is good news for your body – and great news for your feet. Try this refreshing cucumber soup.
- 5 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, (2 scallions)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
Combine cucumbers, mint, scallions, lemon juice, zest and sugar in a food processor: blend until smooth. Then add in the crushed ice and blend again. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately in chilled bowls.