- 2 large boneless chicken breast (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup panko or Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup Homemade Tahini with Harissa
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 small red chili, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 8 pieces of cooked Harissa Tahini Chicken strips (2-3 pieces per person)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Rub together the coconut, breadcrumbs and butter until you have an evenly moistened mix, place in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken tenders with 1 teaspoon salt. Cut tender in half crosswise. Whisk honey and tahina in a separate shallow dish. Coat chicken pieces in honey mixture and then in coconut mixture. Place on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a small pan, and add chili, garlic, and shallot. Cook for 1 minute, remove from heat, stir in the lime juice, and set aside.
- Place the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Combine with cucumber and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide into four bowls and top each with Harissa Tahini Chicken. Drizzle with Harissa Tahini if desired.