- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, packed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Cut trimmed fennel bulb in half, then slice very thinly. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cut down sides of oranges and cut out segments, add to bowl with fennel.
- Squeeze orange membrane to extract juice and set aside.
- Chiffonade mint and place in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of orange juice and orange zest. Whisk together while slowly adding oil. Pour over fennel and oranges then toss. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Divide between two chilled salad plates and serve topped with toasted almonds.