This healthy vegetarian fried rice dish is spiked with ginger, which is great for digestion and the complexion.
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cups cold cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons prepared stir-fry sauce
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring, until scrambled. Transfer to a plate; set aside. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the wok.
Add scallions and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add rice and peas and stir-fry until hot and beginning to stick to the pan, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the sprouts, stir-fry sauce and reserved eggs. Toss well, breaking up the eggs, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.