Another dessert makeover by our very own Robyn Youkilis. This recipe cuts the calories in regular brownies in half and tastes even better, perfect for your next party.
Makes 9 brownies
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pureed prunes (you can use organic baby food)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, ground (either grind them yourself or get chia seed powder)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons milk alternative (almond, coconut, or soy)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl mix the maple syrup, vanilla, pureed prunes, coconut oil and milk. Stir in the ground chia seeds and let the batter thicken for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix together oat flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and coconut sugar.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until thoroughly combined. Stir in dark chocolate chips.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper and pour the batter into the dish. Bake the brownies for 18-22 minutes until slightly firm on top. Let cool and enjoy!