- whole wheat pasta (ziti or rotelle)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 yellow summer squash
- 2 tomatoes, thickly chopped
- 2 links Italian-style turkey or chicken sausage, cooked
- 2-3 olives, pitted and chopped
- 3-4 leaves of fresh basil, sliced thin
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil and butter for 2-3 minutes over medium heat. Season with a pinch of sea salt. Add summer squash, tomatoes, turkey sausage and olives to sauté pan. Season with another pinch or two of sea salt. Cover and continue cooking 3-5 minutes. Add basil. Taste and adjust seasoning. Put pasta into a large bowl and top with sautéed vegetables. Garnish with grated cheese.
Arugula Salad with Shaved Manchego Cheese. Fresh Fruit Fondue with Dark Chocolate.