- 1 whole turkey
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Olive oil
- Thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs and sage
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the turkey and pat dry.
- Combine garlic, herbs, sea salt and black pepper for seasoning. Rub the seasoning onto the turkey (inside, outside and underneath the skin).
- Put onions into a roasting pan and place turkey on top. Cover with foil and roast for approximately 2 hours (or 15 minutes per pound).
- Let turkey rest at least 45 minutes before carving.
Healthy Turkey Recipe Ideas