For The Kebabs:
- 1 1/2 pounds paneer (cottage cheese), cut into approximately 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 whole black cardamom pod ground to powder
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Sea salt
- Chopped cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
Green Tea Yogurt Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 whole wheat pita breads, cut in half
- Mesclun or microgreens
- Soak paneer in water for five minutes.
- Mix agave, cardamom, turmeric, paprika, cayenne, garam masala and ginger in a bowl. Season with salt.
- Add paneer and stir to make sure the cubes are well-coated, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate for at least 15 minutes (overnight is even better!).
- Thread the cubes of paneer onto skewers.
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill until very hot. Grill kebabs 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until paneer is crisp and a deep gold color. The kebabs can also be cooked in a preheated broiler.
- Transfer kebabs to a heated serving platter and sprinkle with sea salt. Serve warm on a bed of salad, or in pita bread stuffed with mesclun or microgreens. Also serve with yogurt sauce, chopped cilantro and lime wedges.