Using cauliflower instead of whole grain flour to create a base for your pizza makes it so much lighter and healthier. This recipe is by Colette Heimowitz, vice president of nutrition and education at Atkins Nutritionals Inc.
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup cooked and riced cauliflower
- 1 ½ cups grated whole-milk mozzarella, divided
- ½ cup jarred, no‑sugar-added marinara sauce
- 3 cooked sausage links, thinly sliced
- ½ cup spinach, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Mist an 8-inch-square dish with cooking spray.
2. Place egg in a large bowl and beat with a wire whisk until foamy. Add cauliflower and 1 cup mozzarella; stir well. Press cauliflower mixture evenly into pan.
3. Bake 10–12 minutes, until crust is golden and firm. Remove from oven and spread the marinara sauce over crust, then sprinkle with sausage, spinach, and remaining mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Return pizza to oven and bake 2 more minutes, just until cheese is melted.
5. Slice into 4 equal pieces and serve immediately.