- 1 cup cooked or canned and drained kidney beans, processed until smooth
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, processed into rough flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cooked carrot puree
- 1 large zucchini, grated (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated)
- 1/4 cup sauteed celery
- 1/4 cup sauteed onion
- 1 tablespoon ground chia
- 1 eggplant (thin and small work best)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coconut oil
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked until softened
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- To Make the Glaze:
Soak sun-dried tomatoes until very soft. Puree them with apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar and paprika.
- To Make the Eggplant Bacon:
Cut the eggplant into very thin strips on a mandoline. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, brown sugar and pepper. Fry in coconut oil until crisped up.
- To Make the Meatloaf:
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine. Press the mixture into the loaf pan and bake 30 minutes.
- Coat with a generous layer of the glaze and overlap strips of eggplant bacon to cover the surface. Cook until golden brown and no longer pink in the center (50 to 55 minutes).
- Cool for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Healthy Turkey Recipe Ideas