- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 leek, cleaned and diced (use both white and green)
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4-5 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked and diced (reserve and strain soaking water)
- 3-4 dried Maitake mushrooms , soaked and diced (reserve and strain soaking water)
- 1 cup mixed wild rice (wehani, black rice, japonica, short grain brown rice, red rice), soaked overnight (discard soaking water)
- 2 cups water or mushroom water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Sauté leek, tarragon and mushrooms in butter in a saucepan, 2-3 minutes. Add wild rice, mushroom soaking water and sea salt. Bring to a boil.
Cover and reduce flame to simmer, 50 minutes. Turn off flame and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.