- 2 eggs
- Splash of cider vinegar
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoons grated zest
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and pepper
- Chunk of parmesan cheese for shaving
Maple Mesquite Sacha Inchi Seeds:
- 1/2 cup sacha inchi seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon mesquite
- Pinch of cayenne
- Bring 2 inches of water and the vinegar to a simmer in a deep skillet.
- Crack in eggs and simmer just long enough so they’re still soft and runny, about 3 minutes.
- Pour lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil over the arugula in a bowl.
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Divide the salad between two plates. Top with poached eggs and shaved fresh parmesan.
- Sprinkle lemon zest over the salads. Top with maple mesquite seeds.
To Make the Maple Mesquite Sacha Inchi Seeds:
- Heat stove-top pan on medium with plain seeds. Add maple syrup, cinnamon, cayenne, mesquite. Transfer to parchment lined baking tray and let cool.