- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 3-4 shiitakes, sliced thin (discard the stems)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock or other stock
- 2-3 pinches sea salt
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a deep skillet over high heat, sauté shallots for one minute.
- Add thyme, butter, garlic and shiitake mushrooms and continue cooking 1-2 minutes.
- Add quinoa, chicken stock and sea salt. Bring to a boil, cover and lower flame to simmer. Cook for 12-15 minutes.