Make a delicious, high-protein vegetarian meal with seitan and stir-fried vegetables.
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound water-packed seitan, drained, patted dry and broken into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Whisk sherry, water, brown sugar, limejuice, hoisin, cornstarch and salt in a small bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add seitan; cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, peanuts and ginger. Cook, stirring often, until fragrant. Add carrots and bell peppers. Whisk the sauce and add to the pan. Reduce heat, cover and cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the sauce is thickened. Stir in cilantro.