- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 1/2 cups pinto beans, pre-cooked (may used canned)
- 2 links raw turkey sausage, removed from casing
- 3/4 – 1 cup water or stock (chicken, beef or veggie)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Chives, minced
- Sauté coriander and cumin in oil for 1 minute. Add garlic and onion and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add sausage and brown 1-2 minutes.
- Add celery, jalapeño pepper, tomatoes, pinto beans, water or stock and sea salt. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce flame to medium and cook 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with chives.
- A nice salad in the summer, or a bowl of brown rice in the winter (extra carbs).