- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup cranberry chutney or relish
- 1/2 pound freshly roasted turkey breast, sliced
- 4 slices whole grain sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat a panini press, griddle or grill pan. In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese and pickled ginger.
- Spread a slice of bread with ginger-cream cheese mixture, and then top the cream cheese with a few slices of turkey breast. Evenly spread another slice of bread with cranberry relish and place on top of the turkey. Lightly brush the outsides of the sandwich with coconut oil and place on the grill pan. Press the sandwich down and weigh it down with something heavy, like a cast iron pan (You can also try a brick wrapped in aluminum foil, a full tea kettle, or a plate with a few heavy cans on top!).
- Grill sandwich, flipping once, until the is golden brown, the turkey is warm, and the cream cheese is melty.