Serve this chickpea salad recipe at your next get-together with friends and watch them go crazy for it. Served with crispy pita chips, this Mediterranean-style chickpea salad is a scrumptious, refreshing dish everyone will love.
Fresh veggies and protein-packed chickpeas make this salad not only delicious but healthy too. You can scoop up bite after bite of this salad without feeling guilty.
To make this chickpea salad recipe, you’ll need a handful of fresh and colorful ingredients, including canned chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans), cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh herbs like mint and parsley, bell peppers, scallions, and feta cheese. These ingredients will make up the bulk of the salad.
The dressing for this chickpea salad is a light vinaigrette made with lemon, basil paste, garlic, oil, salt, and seasoning. It’s quick to whisk up and adds incredible flavor to this salad.
To make this chickpea salad ahead of time, simply chop your veggies and assemble the bulk of the salad in one container, then store the dressing in a separate container. When you’re ready to serve, combine everything together and serve with pita chips.
Cook time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 large English cucumber seeded and diced
- 5 scallions diced (white and green parts)
- 1 15- ounce can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes halved
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley minced
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint minced
- 3/4 cup of crumbled feta divided
- For the vinaigrette:
- Zest and juice of 3 lemons
- 2 tsp of stir-in basil paste
- 1 clove of grated garlic
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- pita chips to serve with on the side
- Add the diced cucumber, diced scallions, chickpeas, grape tomatoes, diced red and orange bell pepper, parsley, mint, and 1/2 a cup of the crumbled feta to a large bowl. Stir everything together to combine.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, basil paste, and garlic together to combine. Continue whisking and stream in the olive oil to emulsify the vinaigrette. Add the salt and pepper, then whisk again to blend.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the bowl of veggies and gently toss to coat. Garnish the salad with the remaining feta cheese and serve with pita chips.
Recipe adapted from cookinginstilettos.com