As much as we love fall spices and desserts, we can use a break from pumpkin everything from time to time. Desserts like this no-bake chocolate pie recipe can be a refreshing alternative this time of year.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s completely no-bake, meaning you don’t have to turn on your oven or worry about messing this pie up! Not only that, but you’ll love the texture of the no-bake, chocolate filling.
If you enjoy chocolate mousse, then you are going to love this chocolate pie recipe. Because this is a no-bake recipe, the chocolate filling in this pie remains cool, creamy, and light as air.
The airy texture is a welcome contrast to the deliciously crisp, chocolate cookie crust. If you’re wondering how this chocolate pie has a no-bake crust, let us just say this: the freezer is your best friend.
The crust for this chocolate pie is whipped up with chocolate cookie crumbs and melted butter and packed along the bottom and edges of a pie pan. The crust gets placed in the freezer until it’s frozen and set, then filled with the chocolate mousse filling.
We think this chocolate pie recipe makes for a wonderful holiday dessert because it won’t take up any room in your oven, which is often heavily used and needed for other holiday dishes. It’s also a nice option to have on the table for guests who aren’t big fans of pumpkin or other traditional fall flavors.
Cook time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Idle time: 20 minutes
- 25 Oreo cookies
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped, plus more for topping
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the Oreo cookies in a large ziplock bag then seal shut. Use a rolling pin to roll over Oreo cookies and crush them into fine crumbs inside the bag.
- To a medium bowl, add the unsalted butter and melt in the microwave. To the melted butter, add the cookie crumbs and stir together using a rubber spatula.
- Grease a pie pan with cooking spray or oil and dump the cookie crumbs into the pan. Use your rubber spatula to pack the crumbs down along the bottom and sides of the pan, making sure the crust is even and flat.
- Stick the crust in the freezer until firm and chilled (at least 20 minutes).
- In the meanwhile, place the chopped chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for about 1 minute, stopping halfway to stir the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, stir in the condensed milk. Temporarily set this aside.
- To a large bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and whisk on high speed until soft peaks form. Sprinkle in the powdered sugar and vanilla, then whisk again on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Use a clean rubber spatula to gently fold half of the whipped cream into the melted chocolate mixture. Pour this filling into your prepared pie crust pan.
- Top the chocolate pie with the remaining whipped cream and add some chocolate shavings on top for garnish (chocolate shavings are optional).
- Chill the chocolate pie for a couple of hours, then slice and serve.
Recipe adapted from crazyforcrust.com