This tasty gazpacho recipe is a take on the classic Spanish soup and calls for garden-fresh tomatoes. Even better, this soup requires no cooking time at all — simply blend, cool, garnish and enjoy.
The creative mix of watermelon, tomato, and fresh mint creates a fresh-tangy flavor that’s packed with beneficial vitamins and antioxidants. It’s also a refreshing dish that’s perfect for warm summer days.
This gazpacho recipe will fill you up without weighing you down, so it makes an ideal mid-day meal when you’re aiming to maintain energy without feeling too heavy.
Cook time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Idle time: 2 hours
- 2 cups watermelon seeded and diced
- 3 cups tomato seeded and diced
- 1 cup cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 green onion diced
- 1/2 clove fresh garlic diced
- 3 tbsp lime juice preferably freshly squeezed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of fresh mint leaves
- Purée watermelon, tomato, cucumber, pepper, jalapeno, onion, garlic and lime juice in a blender or food processor until texture is smooth. Add lime juice as needed to smooth out texture, as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate; chill for at least two hours.
- Serve, garnished with fresh mint leaves, salt, and fresh ground pepper, to taste.
Updated by Beeta Hashempour on 5/21/2018