Clean eating is all the rage, making a raw diet and unprocessed snacks like this raw granola recipe incredibly popular. This granola is crunchy, tasty, and is free of any sugar, oil, or salt, making it super healthy.
To make this raw granola, or raw-nola as it’s sometimes referred to, you will need a machine called a dehydrator. If you are new to the raw diet, you may be unfamiliar with this tool.
A dehydrator is essentially a way to preserve food with a controlled temperature and environment that prohibits humidity or pests from ruining your raw, organic food. It’s a popular tool for those on a raw diet as it allows one to preserve the nutrition and unprocessed state of their organic food in a safe way.
This raw granola recipe is evidence of that. The ingredients for this raw granola are mixed together before they’re put into a dehydrator to crisp for approximately six hours. The granola can then be stored in an airtight container for up to three weeks.
This raw granola recipe is a great addition to smoothies, oatmeal, or just by the handful as a healthy snack.
Cook time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Idle time: 6 hours
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 4 to 5 Medjool dates chopped and pitted
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews chopped or whole
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 3 to 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 to 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Warm up the dehydrator to 110°F. Set the timer for 6 hours.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Add the mixture to a blender or food processor and pulse a couple of times until you get a crumbled mixture (but now powdered).
- Add the granola to the dehydrator and set it in there for 6 hours. If you want the granola crisper, you can leave it in there for another few hours. Otherwise, store in an airtight container in the pantry or fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Recipe adapted from mindbodygreen.com