Having a green smoothie recipe in your arsenal is like having a powerful boost of antioxidants and health benefits at your disposal, whenever you need them. Made with leafy greens like kale and spinach, and superfood ingredients like maca powder and hemp powder, it’s hard not to feel amazing after drinking this green smoothie.
While your typical banana smoothie or sweet mango smoothie is delicious and nutritious, neither of them pack quite the same healthful punch as this green smoothie recipe.
This green smoothie includes a variety of health benefits for your brain and body:
- Anti-aging and anti-inflammatory
- Rich in calcium
- Aids in weight loss
- Promotes skin health
- Rich in fiber
- Reduces the risk of heart disease and cancer
- Eases arthritis pain
- Can lower blood pressure
- Promotes healthy nervous system and brain function
- Protects the eyes from cataracts
- Helps the body absorb additional nutrients throughout the day
- Great for bone health
- Loaded with vitamins, antioxidants, and nutrients
- Restores normal thyroid function
- Increases metabolism
The carefully curated ingredients used in this green smoothie recipe provide much-needed antioxidants, fiber, protein, and vitamins. This green smoothie is a really easy way to load up on the fuel you need for your day, either as a breakfast option or before/after a workout.
Cook time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 3 organic kale leaves
- 2 handfuls of organic spinach
- 1 large organic banana preferably frozen
- 2 cups organic unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop raw vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp organic raw maca powder
- 1/4 tsp organic raw hemp powder
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
- Place all the ingredients, except for the chia seeds, in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add chia seeds in a glass and top it with the smoothie blend.
- Let the chia seeds soak in the smoothie for about five minutes, until they plump up. Then consume immediately.
Updated by Beeta Hashempour on 5/24/2018