One of the best parts of watching football games is the food. Gameday eats like these ham and cheese sliders are delicious, easy to eat, and pair well with sides like chips and dip.
Traditional beef sliders can be tricky to put together. They often require you grilling small beef patties and then individually assembling each slider.
These ham and cheese sliders, however, can be prepped in one go and are baked to perfection. They’re warm and tender out of the oven with melted, gooey cheese in every single bite.
To make these easy ham and cheese sliders, you’ll need a pack of Hawaiian rolls. Hawaiian rolls look like individual hamburger buns, but they’re all connected upon closer inspection. Once you’ve assembled and baked the sliders, you’ll be able to tear them apart into individual sliders.
A delicious and simple dressing of honey mustard gets spread on the buns before they’re topped with ham and cheese and doused with poppy seeds. For a complete game day spread, we recommend pairing these sliders with some chips and our skinny queso dip.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 12 slider buns
- 12 slices deli ham
- 12 slices swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- To a small bowl, add the honey and mustard. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, poppy seeds, and 1 tablespoon of the honey-mustard mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Take a sharp knife and cut into the slider buns horizontally to separate them into tops and bottoms. Place the bottom half on the baking sheet and smear mayo in one even layer across the buns.
- Top the buns with ham and cheese. On the inside of the top part of the buns (the side that will be touching the ham and cheese), spread the honey mustard mixture. Then place the top buns on the ham and cheese.
- Brush the poppy seed mixture on the tops of the buns until all the buns are coated in this dressing.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the buns are golden. Slice the buns into individual sliders and serve.
Recipe adapted from delish.com