The traditional Indian summer drink, Lassi, is the perfect drink to cool down with on a hot summer day. The addition of mango just makes this refreshing drink that much better. This mango amchur smoothie is sweet and fragrant and a great beverage to sip on between meals or after a meal as dessert.
Mix the tropical taste of banana with protein-rich yogurt and a non-dairy milk for a smoothie that will refresh you on a hot summer day. Amchur, also spelled amchoor, is the powder of unripe mangoes and has a lovely briny flavor that cuts through the natural sweetness of this recipe. Apart from lassi, mangoes can be used to make papad, shakes, jams, salsa, and jellies.
Though it can be made with any type of mangoes, this mango amchur smoothie is best made with Alphonso mangoes. If you are looking for a variation, try the same recipe with mint, saffron, vanilla extract, and nuts, or top it off with vanilla ice-cream.
Cook time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 ripe mangoes peeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 tbsp agave plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup milk or non-dairy milk like almond rice, or soy
- 1 cup yogurt low-fat
- 1 pinch amchur plus more for garnish
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk if needed; the drink shouldn't too thick.
- Pour smoothie into 2 tall glasses and garnish with a sprinkle of amchur on top. The leftover lassi can be stored in the refrigerator for a day.