If you’ve ever visited an Indian restaurant, you may have tried a mango lassi before. This refreshing summer beverage is a yogurt-based smoothie made with puréed, ripe mangoes.
We love whipping up this mango lassi recipe during the dog days of summer when the weather is hot and the only thing keeping you happy is the AC and this cool, blended drink.
Most lassis are made with some kind of fruit and a base of yogurt. While there are some salty lassis, sweet ones like this mango lassi tend to be more popular.
You can optionally add ice to your blender to give this beverage a thicker, smoothie-like consistency if that’s what you prefer. Otherwise, using chilled fruit and yogurt will make this lassi recipe feel cool enough on its own.
Cook time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped very ripe mango or frozen chopped mango or canned mango pulp
- 1 tbsp honey more or less to taste
- A dash of ground cardamom optional
- Ice optional
- Add all of the ingredients except the cardamom to a blender. If you want a thick, smoothie-like consistency, add a handful of ice as well.
- Before serving, garnish with a small pinch of ground cardamom.
Recipe adapted from simplyrecipes.com
Updated by Beeta Hashempour on 5/20/2018