If you’re anything like us, then you probably look forward to pie season all year long. These mini pumpkin pies are proof that the wait is totally worth it.
While pumpkin pie in its nine-inch form is delicious and classic, these mini pumpkin pies are easy to make and even easier to eat. We love whipping up this pumpkin pie recipe in mini tarts for effortless entertaining. Whether you’re making these mini pumpkin pies for a social function or just keeping them on the kitchen counter for a grab-and-go treat for the family, you’re going to love this bite-size version of pie.
Making these mini pies is really no different than making an easy pumpkin pie when it comes to the pumpkin pie filling. All of the filling ingredients are whisked together until they’re smooth and blended well. The reason these mini pumpkin pie bites are easier to make than classic pie is that you don’t have to roll out or shape any pie crust.
To create the mini pie crust, you can simply use a package of store-bought tart shells. The shells are buttery, flaky, and crisp just like classic pie crust. After you fill the shells, it’s just a matter of baking the mini pumpkin pies for about half an hour. Then, you can garnish them with some whipped cream before serving.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 small eggs
- 1 1/3 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/8 cups evaporated milk
- 30 tart shells
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add the eggs to a large bowl then beat with a whisk. Add in the rest of the filling ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Place the tart shells on a baking sheet, then pour 2 tablespoons of the filling into each shell.
- Bake the mini pies for about 30 minutes or until the filling is set and the crust is golden.
Recipe adapted from onelittleproject.com