Stir fry recipes are always a great go-to when you’re short on time, especially tasty ones like this easy pork stir fry recipe. Made with Thai flavors, you’ll love this healthy pork stir fry with rice.
Thai pork recipes like this spicy pork stir fry are quick and easy to make. With a wok, a few staple Asian condiments, and ground pork, you’re well on your way to the best pork stir fry recipe.
Moreover, this pork stir fry recipe comes together very quickly, especially the pork stir fry sauce. Fish sauce, chili paste, and both sweet and dark soy sauce are whisked together to create a delicious pork stir fry marinade.
Once the pork has finished cooking in the wok, the sauce is poured over the entire pork stir fry for a glossy, flavorful finish. We love serving this pork stir fry with rice, but you could also serve this pork stir fry with noodles. Check out our recipe for Pad Thai “Zoodles” for a delicious accompaniment to this dish.
Cook time: 15 Minutes
Prep time: 5 Minutes
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp chili paste in soybean oil
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce found in Asian markets and specialty shops
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce found in Asian markets and specialty shops
- For the Stir-Fry:
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 red jalapeño chile thinly sliced on the bias into rounds
- 1 green Thai chile thinly sliced on the bias into rounds
- 3 cups ground pork
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Thai basil leaves lightly packed
- 2 green onions thinly sliced on the bias
- Steamed Brown Rice
- Thai basil sprigs for garnish
- Whisk the fish sauce, chili paste, dark soy sauce, and sweet soy sauce in a small bowl to blend then set aside.
- Heat a large wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil. When the first wisp of white smoke comes off of the wok, add the garlic and chilies and stir-fry until the garlic begins to brown, about 30 seconds.
- Add the pork and cook until it starts to brown, flattening the meat to cover the surface of the wok and breaking it up with a spatula, about 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and stir-fry until the pork is cooked and the onions are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the stir-fry and sprinkle with the white pepper. Stir to combine thoroughly. Cook until the sauce reduces, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the basil leaves and half of the green onions. Spoon the rice onto 4 plates. Spoon the stir-fry over the rice. Garnish with the remaining green onions and basil sprigs and serve immediately.
Updated by Beeta Hashempour on 8/1/2018