When the trees start changing colors and a cool chill settles in, there’s nothing more appealing than this warm pumpkin spice porridge recipe. Comforting, cozy, and deliciously aromatic, you will love waking up to a bowl of this porridge.
This healthy porridge recipe has everything you love about fall with the sweet pumpkin flavor, maple syrup, and fragrant scent of pumpkin spice and cinnamon.
If you’ve never made a simple porridge recipe like this before, it’s not that different from oatmeal. In fact, oatmeal is a type of porridge. The only difference is that this pumpkin spice porridge recipe is made with creamy rice porridge instead of old-fashioned oats.
Depending on the type of porridge grain you use, this porridge recipe should take you about 10 to 12 minutes to cook. We used water to cook our rice porridge, but you could also use unsweetened almond milk or oat milk for a creamier touch.
Once the porridge has finished cooking, feel free to drizzle some more maple syrup or garnish with nuts and seeds before serving. The intoxicating aroma and flavor of this porridge recipe will have you whipping up this breakfast many times over the course of the season.
If you’re a fan of pumpkin spice, check out our recipe for a homemade pumpkin spice latte.
Cook time: 12 minutes
Prep time: 0 minutes
- 1/4 cup uncooked creamy rice porridge or grain of choice
- 1 1/4 cups water for cooking
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
- splash of unsweetened almond milk
- maple syrup to drizzle on top optional
- chopped pecans & pumpkin seeds optional
- Fill a small saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add the rice porridge and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes, or as directed on the package. Make sure to stir occasionally throughout the cooking process.
- In the last couple minutes of cooking, add the pumpkin, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and dash of salt; stir everything together to combine. Add a splash of unsweetened almond milk, or as much as needed, to obtain the consistency that you desire.
- Transfer porridge to a bowl, then sprinkle with desired toppings.
Recipe adapted from unconventionalbaker.com