Mousse is one of those rare desserts that feel rich and creamy while also feeling entirely light and airy. It’s one of the reasons why we love the dessert so much, especially when it’s done with a seasonal twist like this pumpkin mousse recipe.
This keto-friendly pumpkin mousse has all the wonderful texture and flavor of a traditional mousse recipe, but it’s sweetened with an alternative sweetener called erythritol. This alternative is popular in many keto-friendly dessert recipes because it can often be used in the same way that table sugar is used.
Other than the erythritol, the rest of the ingredients for this pumpkin mousse are normal ingredients anyone might use, whether they’re following a keto diet or not. Cream cheese and pumpkin purée are mixed together until smooth and creamy before the spices, heavy cream, and erythritol are mixed in.
The pumpkin mousse needs to be chilled for a couple of hours, but other than that, that’s all it really takes to whip this keto-friendly dessert up! You can easily make this recipe hours ahead of time and chill the pumpkin mousse in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it. This makes the dessert perfect for fall entertaining and Thanksgiving dinner.
For more fall recipes, check out our collection here.
Cook time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Idle time: 2 hours
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup erythritol
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Beat the cream cheese and pumpkin purée together in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add the erythritol, heavy cream, salt, and spices to the mixture and beat on low speed until combined and smooth; about 1 minute.
- Distribute the mousse batter among your serving glasses. Refrigerate for about 2 hours until set and chilled.
Recipe adapted from easyketodishes.com