These salmon patties, also known as salmon cakes or salmon croquettes, are crisp, golden, and deliciously flavored. They’re easy to make and a tasty way to switch things up from your usual grilled or baked salmon recipe.
The base of a salmon patty recipe is typically salmon, bread crumbs, egg, and onion. This combination is found in almost any salmon croquette recipe or salmon cake recipe.
To make these easy salmon patties taste even better than your standard recipe, you’ll want to add a handful of extra ingredients, including garlic, fresh dill, lemon, paprika, and bell pepper.
Once these salmon patties are formed into their round, patty shape, they’re put in a hot skillet to cook for about three to four minutes on each side. You can serve them warm with tartar sauce or steamed veggies.
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 can salmon undrained and flaked, 14.75 ounce
- 1 slice of bread shredded
- 3 tbsp chopped green onion including the green parts
- 1 medium garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill weed
- 3 tbsp minced green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- To a large bowl, add the salmon, bread, onion, garlic, dill, bell pepper, flour, egg, paprika, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together really well until it's all combined.
- Use your hands to form 8 patties from the salmon mixture, with each patty being about 1/2" thick.
- Warm a large skillet over high heat. Add the olive oil and when the oil is hot, use a spatula to transfer the patties into the skillet. Cook each side until browned - about 3 to 4 minutes for each side.
Recipe adapted from simplyrecipes.com