If you’re tired of tuna, try swapping out tuna for salmon instead. This quick and easy salmon salad recipe is just as tasty as a tuna salad but comes with its own awesome health benefits.
Salmon is not only a lean source of protein, but it is also rich with omega-3 fatty acids for heart health. Not only that but because salmon is naturally oily, you don’t need as much mayonnaise as you would for a tuna salad, for example. This canned salmon salad is also lower in fat and calories than your classic tuna salad.
Perhaps the best part of this healthy salmon salad recipe is that it’s incredibly versatile. There are so many salmon salad ideas you can come up with, such as turning this into a colorful salmon pasta salad.
We love using this easy salmon salad recipe to create a salmon salad sandwich using whole grain bread. It’s a quick and satisfying lunch that we can prepare ahead of time and just assemble in the morning before work.
Cook time: 0 Minutes
Prep time: 10 Minutes
- 1 can of wild salmon
- 1/2 red onion peeled and diced small
- 1/4 cup parsley minced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby mixed greens
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- Drain the canned salmon and transfer to a medium mixing bowl. Combine the salmon with the diced red onion, celery, and parsley.
- Whisk the olive oil, mustard, honey, and apple cider vinegar together. Add a pinch of sea salt and pepper, to taste. Whisk again to combine.
- Add the dressing to the salmon mixture and stir to combine. Layer a piece of bread with some mixed greens, then serve the salmon salad on top.
Updated by Beeta Hashempour on 8/1/2018