If you’ve never had tahini sauce before, then you’ve definitely been missing out on this tasty condiment! This vegan tahini dressing is one of our favorite things to make in the kitchen. Whether it’s tahini dressing for salad or tahini dressing for falafel, we find ourselves whipping up this tahini sauce multiple times in the week.
Tahini paste, also known as sesame paste, is a Middle Eastern ingredient that’s become quite popular in the States in recent years. Once you try this healthy tahini recipe, you’ll know why.
The easiest way to use this tahini dressing is over a salad, but you can also use this for sandwiches, a garnish for toast, in burgers, or use it as a tahini dip for veggies. This tahini dressing recipe is zesty, creamy, and absolutely irresistible!
Best of all, this tahini dressing recipe is an absolute cinch to whip up. Simply add all your ingredients to a bowl, whisk, and then add it to whatever foods you desire.
Cook time: 0 Minutes
Prep time: 5 Minutes
- 3/4 cup lightly packed watercress leaves (approximately 1 bunch)
- 1/3 cup roasted tahini (a paste made from ground sesame seeds, popular in Middle Eastern cooking and available in health food stores)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (approximately 2 lemons)
- 2 green onions coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp tamari (a type of soy sauce, available in Asian markets and health food stores)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 garlic clove
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour over salads, use as a dip, or smear over sandwiches and toast.
Updated by Beeta Hashempour on 8/5/2018