Eating salad on a daily basis can work wonders for your skin, hair, weight, and overall health. That said, salad can get pretty boring really quickly if you’re just eating a bowl of mixed greens every day. Instead, liven things up with a flavorful Thai salad recipe like this.
A vibrant Thai salad like this one is a wonderful way to get your fill of veggies and fruits in. This Thai cucumber salad also features water-concentrated vegetables and fruits so that you’ll stay cool and hydrated during the day as well.
To create this colorful Thai salad, you’ll use cucumbers, avocado, and mango, which produces a meal that’s high in fiber content and perfect for keeping hunger at bay. To make this salad even heartier, you add in some noodles and create a Thai noodle salad, or go for a gluten-free option like quinoa and raw pumpkin seeds.
We love this Thai salad recipe because we can’t get enough of the tasty mix of sweet and savory, especially with the peanut dressing on top. The salty peanut butter flavor with the sweet mango flavor is something we find absolutely irresistible with this salad!
Cook time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- For the salad:
- 1 English cucumber cut into thin slices
- 1 mango peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 avocado peeled and cut into slices
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice from one lime
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce use gluten-free if needed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 inch square piece fresh ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- Prepare the dressing by adding all of the dressing ingredients (except for the cilantro leaves) into a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- To a large bowl, add the sliced cucumber, mango, and avocado. Pour the dressing over the ingredients in the bowl, then gently toss to combine.
- Garnish the salad with the cilantro leaves.
Recipe adapted from onceuponachef.com