While grass-fed beef has its nutritional benefits, it’s generally best to moderate red meat intake in your diet. This is especially true for those suffering from high cholesterol, making a lean alternative like this turkey burger recipe a delicious and necessary option.
This healthy turkey burger recipe is a tasty meal to whip up, whether you’re restricted to lean meat or not. Made with just a handful of ingredients, these ground turkey burgers come together with just a quick bit of stirring in a single bowl.
The only thing you’ll want to be mindful of when you’re making this turkey burger recipe is to not over-mix your patty ingredients. Stir everything together just until they’re combined, then gently shape the mixture into patties. The more you fuss with the mixture, the greater the chance your turkey burger patties will become tough.
To cook this easy turkey burger recipe, you can either heat the patties over the stovetop in a grill pan or place them directly on your grill outside. Either way, we love that these grilled turkey burgers don’t take a lot of time to cook and work well as a 20-minute meal.
If you’re interested in more healthy burger recipes, check out our veggie burger recipe!
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- burger buns
- burger toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, pickles, ketchup
- Add all of the patty ingredients to a large bowl. Use a wooden spoon to stir everything together until it's all mixed well. Don't stir vigorously or stir too much.
- Divide the mixture into 4 chunks, then form each chunk into a patty.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat and brush the grill with oil. Once the grill is hot, place the patties onto the grill and cook each side for 4 to 6 minutes, until the center is no longer pink and reads 160°F on a thermometer.
- Serve the patties inside burger buns with your choice of toppings.
Recipe from thelivefitgirls.com